Bellefeathers! 20 August 2007

Wow! has it really been that long? Summer shows, gardens, and county fair sure have run away with my summer plans!

One of the shifts of The Bellwether with the move last year to Port Angeles is taking more opportunities to teach, and this issue of Bellefeathers is to let you know that the Belle (that's me!) will be teaching at the North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival October 7th. Why tell you now? Because class sign-ups end this Saturday (August 25)!

There are a dozen classes to choose among -- I'm teaching sock yarn dyeing, a short form of the full-day workshop I taught in April. You'll walk away from my workshop having learned how to dye wool yarns, with yarn you've dyed yourself that you can then knit into socks (or anything that uses about 400 yards of fingering weight yarn)!

I'm toying with which methods to show and which to "do" -- the skeins show the four methods from the Lacey retreat -- I still have a few weeks to knit them into socks, thank goodness!

And I'm taking the sewn lace scarf class -- way cool! I may just upgrade my 20 year old Kenmore machine for a sweet Janome Little Gem along the way.

I got to model (yes, that's me!) one of the scarves in the picture shoot for the website -- I am so looking forward to making one of these myself!

There are so many cool classes -- sock yarn dyeing, needlefelting, creative card making, Kumihimo, wet felt scarves, locker hooking, creative booklet binding, knitting reversible cables, silk fusion, sewn lace scarf, creative plying in spinning, and digital printing on fabric! Whew! Makes me wish I had 4 of me, so I could take them all!

So, hop on over to the festival website (www.fiberartsfestival.org) click on "Instruction" and print out the enrollment form to send in with your class fee -- and be sure to email me (or contact me) to reserve a spot as soon as you've got your check in the mail! And I'll see you -- I'm sure I'll be working the sign-in table during the day, too!

The classes will all be October 7th, 2007, in Sequim, Washington -- a fun ferry trip for those from Seattle or further east, and a delightful drive up from Tacoma or Olympia.

No comments: