This video was recorded about my spinning for Yael Bakal Studios. Their website is yaelbakalstudios.com.
Stay and browse the blog, peruse the workshop list, register for an upcoming workshop, purchase my book, an e-tutorial, or spindles, and ask a question.
Past VenuesWool shows, groups, and shops at which I have taught (isn't English wonderful?) include:
- Madrona Fiber Arts Festival, Tacoma, WA, 2009-2017
- Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival, Canby, OR, 2007-2014, 2017
- Black Sheep Gathering, Eugene, OR, 2013-2014, 2016
- Palouse Fiber Festival, Moscow, ID, 2014-2016
- NwRSA Conference, location varies, WA/OR/ID, 2008-2015
- North Olympic Fiber Arts Festival, Sequim, WA, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2014
- Cedarroot Folk School, Marrowstone Island, WA, 2013
- John C. Campbell Folk School, Brasstown, NC, 2013
- Olympic Peninsula Fiber Farm Tour, Jefferson County, WA, 2010-2013
- Big Sky Fiber Arts Festival, Hamilton, MT, 2011
- CSMSA Heels Over Toes Conference, Lacey, WA, 2009
- Taos Wool Show, Taos, NM, 2009
- CSM Spring Retreat, Lacey, WA, 2008
- Weavolution Cyber Fiber, online via WebEx, 2010-2013
- The Bellwether Studio, Sequim/Port Angeles/Port Ludlow/Poulsbo WA since 2001
Yarn Stores/Community Colleges
- Bazaar Girls, Port Townsend, WA, 2012-2014
- A Dropped Stitch, Sequim, WA, 2008-2011
- Peninsula Community College, Port Angeles/Sequim/Port Townsend/Port Hadlock, WA, 2009-2011
- Whidbey Weavers' Guild Spin-in, Oak Harbor, WA 2010 & 2015
- Couer d'Alene Guild, ID, 2014
- Log Cabin Guild, Spokane, WA, 2014
- Spinsters Guild, Port Orchard, WA, 2012, 2014
- Snohomish Knitter's Retreat, Fort Casey, WA, 2013
- North Olympic Shuttle and Spindle Guild, Sequim, WA, 2008-2011, 2013
- Woolshed, Evergreen College, Olympia, WA, 2012
- NwRSA Lacey July Retreat, Lacey, WA, 2009
- Moonspinners Guild, Edgewood, WA 2010, 2012
- Arachne Guild, Edgewood, WA 2010, 2012
- Wasatch Woolpack Handspinners, Salt Lake City, UT, 2011
- Lincoln Alternative School, Port Angeles, WA, 2011
- Valley Spinners Guild, Everett, WA, 2010
- North Olympic Library, Port Angeles, WA, 2008, 2009, 2010
- East Side Spinners, North Bend, WA, 2008
DVDs Created in association with F+W Media.
- Spin-do-lay Ply Magazine, Autum 2016
- The Pangeae of Spindles Spin-Off Magazine, Fall 2016
- Improvised Akha-Style Spinning Spin-Off Magazine, Spring 2015
- Garter and Fan Scarf Spin-Off Magazine, Spring 2015
- Plying Balls, extra for Ply Magazine, Winter 2014
- Spindle Sommelier, pair your fiber perfectly Ply Magazine, Autumn 2014
- Randomly twisted facts Ply Magazine, Summer 2014
- Silk Spindles: Hiding in plain sightPly Magazine, Spring 2014
- Plying Balls Ply Magazine, Winter 2014
- Leapfrog and Guitar Strumming: woolen on a spindle Ply Magazine, Winter 2013
- Overplying, That's the Point Spin-Off Magazine, Summer 2012
- Underplying is Not a Mistake, Spin-Off Magazine, Winter 2011
- Power Spinning, e-tutorial, self-published, February 2011
- Silk on Spindles, e-tutorial, self-published, February 2011
- Mach 3 Spinning Wheel Owner's Manual, e-book available from SpinOlution, November 2010
- Spinning Slippery Fibers, e-tutorial, self-published, June 2010
- Core Spinning and the Medallion Scarf, e-tutorial, self-published, June 2010
- Staple Length, Spin-Off Magazine, Summer 2010
- Hopper Spinning Wheel Owner's Manual, e-book available from SpinOlution, May 2010
- Echo Spinning Wheel Owner's Manual, e-book available from SpinOlution, April 2010
- Weaving with Three Rigid Heddles, a book review on WeaveZine, April 2010
- Self-Striping Socks and the Mitts of Experience, e-tutorial, self-published, April 2010
- The Xenakis Technique, a book review on WeaveZine, March 2010.
- Spindle Weight, excerpt from Productive Spindling, Spin-Off Magazine, Spring 2010
- Mach II Owner's Manual, e-book available from SpinOlution, March 2010
- Exotic Fiber Spindling, e-tutorial, self-published, January 2010
- Bee Travel Wheel User Guide, originally self-published e-book March 2009; now published e-book from SpinOlution, January 2010
- Productive Spindling, published by Ask The Bellwether, a book on advanced hand-spindling techniques, July 2009. Available from The Bellwether (retail, wholesale, and distribution), Unicorn Books (retail, wholesale), Amazon (retail) and a variety of fine spinning shops.
- Why Z and S?, Spin-Off Magazine, Summer 2009
- Handwoven Laces, a book review on WeaveZine, April 2009
- Spinning on a Notchless Spindle, Knitty.com, Winter 2008
- What to Knit with Handspun, Yarn Magazine, Issue 12, December 2008
- New Techniques for Spindling, Yarn Magazine, Issue 8, December 2007
- Why Spin Singles, article for Fiberville USA newsletter, Spring 2007
- Combing Tips, article for Fiberville USA newsletter, Winter 2006
- Twists per inch on a spindle, article for Fiberville USA newsletter, Fall 2006
- Spindling: The Basics, a book on hand-spindling and related fiber preparation techniques, self-published, April 2003 (out of print)
- Nanny Meier’s Tea Cosy and Braided Cable Tea Cosy knitting patterns, published by Fiber Trends, 2002
- Neckwarmer with Heart and Mirage: A Lace Scarf knitting patterns, published by Ewe’Niquely Yours Handspun Knitting Patterns, December 2004 and August 2007
- many writeups included with past kits and samplers on thebellwether.com, including the Felt on Scarf pattern and Exotic Fiber World Cap Knitting Pattern (not currently available)
- Pedicure socks (on the sock machine), available free on Ravelry.
PoliciesWebsites being what they are, I need to make sure to let you know about my policies ... grab a cuppa and your favorite snack, and hunker down to read this ...
I do my best to protect your information. That said, I use google services and paypal shopping cart -- be sure to read their policies so you understand what you are in for. As mainstream services, I find them relatively harmless. Just don't reply to emails from the lost prince of Nigeria and you will probably do fine.
Similarly, I ask you to respect my information -- all text and images on the blog and in your purchases are (c) Copyright Ask The Bellwether, or were used by permission. You cannot use text or images from them without express permission from Ask The Bellwether. I do give permission for reasonable requests, so don't be too put off to ask.
If you purchase from me, of course I want you to let me know what you think. If there is an issue with your purchase, I will work to fix it for you. The internet is our friend -- we can talk via skype or exchange photos/videos if needed to help resolve things. Please contact me via the contact link, mail me a letter at The Bellwether, 1458 NE Odessa Way, Poulsbo WA 98370; or call me at 360-582-0697 (Pacific Time Zone).
I aim to ship as quickly as I can, but there could be a delay of a few days or longer, if I am teaching away from the studio or on vacation. I will respond to your order as soon as I see it, if that is the case. I'm not always internet-live, so be patient. Or submit more contact forms. Your choice.
It's up to you to use your purchase appropriately. I work to do no harm and hope you feel likewise.
Workshop policies are on the Take a Workshop page.
I could lay more words down here, but would you read it? Let's all be sensible. My policy is: Sensibility.