What classes are coming up? (Summer 2009 Edition)

Round 1 skeins, first tryBy Amelia

What fun! My last round of classes and workshops were a blast. And summer season is fast approaching.

I'm getting into shape for the summer workshops with a bunch of spinning and spindling classes at my local yarn store (in Sequim, WA), A Dropped Stitch:

* Thursdays in May: Learn to Spin on the Wheel, 3 sessions, 10:30-12:30, $40; contact A Dropped Stitch (360-683-1410) or me and we'll get started on the next Tuesday.

* Tuesdays in May: Spinning Two ($15 each or $40 all three), 10:30-12:30.
  • May 12: Color Whorl: colors for striping, spirals, neutrals and more
  • May 19: Plying Around: Navajo ply, cable, boucle, coil and more
  • May 26: Spinning Sock Yarns: fiber, color and technique

* Saturday, May 16, 1:30-4:30 : Learn to Spin on the Spindle, $40 includes spindle, fiber and book.

May ends with a terrific guild demonstration and fiber show, the Shepherd's Festival. That is in MacLeay Hall (Sequim Prairie Grange) on MacLeay Road just west of Sequim. I demo and sell learn to spin kits only -- so if you want something from The Bellwether, do let me know ahead of time, and I will bring it.

In June, I have a bunch of fun classes at NwRSA's 2009 Conference in Tacoma at the University of Puget Sound:
  • Productive Spindling, Friday AM, June 5
  • Support Spindles, Friday PM
  • Using the Batt Machine, Saturday AM, June 6
  • The Nalbound Edge, Saturday PM.

And right after that, same location, at the Circular Sock Machine CSMSA 2009 Conference, I am teaching a nice variety of dyeing classes:

  • Dyeing Sock Tubes, Tuesday AM, June 9
  • Overdyeing Yarn, Tuesday PM
  • Rainbow Dyeing, Wednesday AM for early risers!!!, June 10
  • Shadow Dyeing, Wednesday PM

Whew! I'm sure there'll be plenty of opportunities for ad-hoc hands-on teaching in The Bellwether's booth at Black Sheep Gathering as well, to keep me in shape for July.

In July, the NwRSA Workshop Weekend is in Lacey, WA at Gwinwood Retreat Center, July 23-26 . My workshops there include:

  • Exotic Fiber Spindling (1/2 day)
  • Spinning Color for Socks (includes fiber for your socks!) (1/2 day)
  • Plying like Crazy (on the wheel) (1/2 day)
  • Drum Carding and Spinning (a full day affair!)
  • Combs, Flickers, Handcards (1/2 day)

After all of that I'll be taking a vacation in August ;-) but stay tuned for the fall report, as I have classes in the works for Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival in September and,

drum roll please...

Taos Wool Show!!! In October (Can you tell I am excited about that one!): Productive Spindling (1/2 day Saturday) and Plying Around (1/2 day Sunday)

~~
posted 7 May 2009 at http://askthebellwether.blogspot.com/

No comments: