5-questions meme

A blog-interview meme, with thanks to Marg. of ByMyOwnhand for interviewing me!

1. What do you most treasure in your life?

My children! They outweigh everything else. They keep my going, they get me up in the morning. Beyond that, I'd say "time". Giving myself room to take time to be creative, which is hard -- I always want to be doing for others, rather than myself. So I treasure the times when I am willing to take time for myself.

2. What is your favorite weather or season?

Summer. summer summer summer. I miss it! Here, in the Pacific Northwest, summer is July and August. I'd love to live somewhere with more summer. Sweaters are great, don't get me wrong, but the short days and the coldness of spring here just really sap my spirit.

3. What would you do without fiber in your life?

Go to a yarn shop :-) Hmmmm. I have to consider this one regularly, as my bad wrists (recurring tendonitis, not carpal tunnel) mean some day this could be a reality. I'd read alot more. I like to think I'd write more, but probably not. I'd cook more. I'd have to do something to express myself creatively, I just don't know quite what.

4. What do you like to read?

Books that teach me new things, especially spinning, knitting, and shepherding. Mysteries, for escaping the real world (Agatha Christie, Elizabeth George...). Blogs, on-line discussions to see what others are getting into fiber-wise. I'd hate to think I was missing out on some wonderful new fiber (carbonized bamboo, anyone?)

5. If you were offered the job of Supreme Empress of the World, would you take it? Why/why not?

Nope. I wouldn't have time to have fun, I don't know enough to do a good job, and I'd hate to be responsible for the people I'd have to hire to help me. Besides, I'm too busy raising my kids! But seriously -- having peoples' lives in my hand, directly? Eeek. I'd be frozen. It's bad enough looking at the news every day and wondering if there _was_ something I could do - but what? Join the picketers for XYZ to get honked at on street corners?

Want to play? Here’s the scoop:

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take the bait -- interview me!

Anonymous said...

My answers are now up for you! http://aemmeleia.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/5-questions/

Laura said...

perfect :) I've been avoiding my blog 'cause... I avoided my blog! This will give a great segueway back in, so... Interview me!