Meme: What have you knit?

Have you seen knitter's code? I was intimidated. But this meme, I'm willing to tackle. I was trying to find the source in a nicely connected warren of blogs (really -- and I love that there's a Pollyanna who knits, as that's my sister's name!) but stopped at cosymakes, since she was nice enough to join my new flickr group, Spindle Shots -- great shots by everyone so far! join the fun, spindle maniacs!

To join the "what have you knit" meme, take this list, mark with bold the things you have ever knit, with italics the ones you plan to do sometime, and leave the rest plain.

Now me, I'll try anything ... so really, "plain" just means I don't have it on my radar yet!

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl ... and I'd really love to knit a really big one in the future!
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn (do I get triple points for spindle-spinning it, too?)
Mittens: Cuff-up and may I have double points for doing one pair double knitting, and one pair tvandsticking (twisted knitting)?
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat (this should really be in 20 point type -- I think hats are my favorite things to knit!)
Knitting with silk ... lots of silk blends, though!
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL
Sweater (did three as a teen -- none as an adult, yet, but I will!)
Drop stitch patterns ... I keep trying this, don't like the look!
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn (does trying count? the cashmere kept breaking!)
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with banana fiber yarn
Domino knitting (=modular knitting)
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan (Bohus Large Lace Collar Jacket on this page ... aaahh)
Toy/doll clothing
Knitting with circular needles
Baby items
Knitting with your own handspun yarn
Slippers
Graffiti knitting
Continental knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns (incl. Aran)

Lace patterns

Publishing a knitting book ... how about 2 patterns, published by Fiber Trends, and 1 by Crosspatch Creations?
Scarf
Teaching a child to knit
American/English knitting (as opposed to continental)
Knitting to make money
Button holes
Knitting with alpaca
Fair Isle knitting
Norwegian knitting
Dying with plant colours
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on one or two circulars
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn (waay too often considering I spin too!)
Knitting with dpns

Holiday related knitting

Teaching a male how to knit
(sons count, right?)
Bobbles

Knitting for a living
Knitting with cotton

Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks
Knitting art
Knitting two socks on two circulars simultaneously
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured knitting
Kitchener BO
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting and purling backwards
Machine knitting ... yes if sock machines count!
Knitting with self patterning/self striping/variegating yarn

Stuffed toys

Baby items

Knitting with cashmere
... triple points for spinning it too, right?
Darning
... my favorite socks just had darning #9 :-)
Jewelry

Knitting with synthetic yarn

Writing a pattern

Gloves

Intarsia
Knitting with linen
Knitting for preemies
Tubular CO

Freeform knitting

Short rows

Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers

Pillows
(the one in the picture ... for my mother! and the other pillow I've knit was entrelac with a hooked rose on the other side)
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine ... one of those Knitty ones, someday!

Rug
Knitting on a loom ... does one of the i-cord looms count? LOL.
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift

Knitting for pets
Shrug/bolero/poncho

Knitting with dog/cat hair

Hair accessories .. no plans, but a daughter with long hair, so that may change!
Knitting in public


What have you learned to do that has marked a definite change in your knitting life? Elizabeth Zimmermann's philosophy that you don't need to blindly follow patterns. That really freed me!

Want to join the meme? Take the list and post it on your blog with your own remarks, bolds, and italics!

2 comments:

Kellie Huffman said...

Hi Amelia: I meant to do this earlier but got distracted. [BTW: thanks for commenting on my blog. It feels less lonely over there and I'm not going to whine anymore,hehe] Ya, I only had to click back 6 or 7 times to find the author, maybe even less. I was surprised to find it so soon. For anyone reading this who doesn't know it is Rineke at http://rineke.blogspot.com/2007/04/knitting-meme.html

I didn't think to add what I learned that changed my knitting but I would have the same answer as you. I still remember where I was when I first learned of EZ. The first thing I knit of hers was the Nordic sweater for my DH, steeks and all. what a triumph that was!

Amelia of Ask The Bellwether said...

Thanks! Chasing down the source of memes is a skill I'm still working on.