Rexenne (of the great YouTube videos!) tagged me, so here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post rules
2. Share 7 facts about yourself, some random and some weird
3. Tag 7 people at the end of post and list their names
4. Let them know they were tagged by a comment on their blog
Well, I already did the 7 random facts meme, so here are 7 at least mildly "odd" spinning facts about me ...
So here we go!
1. I go through color phases -- purple and green are my always-favorites, but I find I can influence my mood with color (can't we all!) so when I'm stressed I reach for marine blues and greens; and when I need energy I reach for firey reds, oranges, and purples. This is reflected in my current spinning projects as well as my clothes.
2. The Bellwether was almost named "Fuzzy Stuff" ... but fuzzystuff.com was taken. By an artificial intelligence contractor. It's available now (for a price!)
3. When I first saw spinning I said, "I can't learn another hobby" ... I was busy studying/playing chess at the time. I sure am happy I found the time to spin!
4. When I was a child I learned to make fake flowers with pipe cleaners and felt.
5. I have spun dryer lint -- blended with cotton. It was the purple dryer lint from my new towels.
6. Who am I kidding -- I'm still spinning the dryer lint. And the cotton it's mixed with is pill bottle cotton.
7. I have spindles I've never spun on. (Well, maybe that's not so odd?) Does anyone know how to spin on a Balinese spindle? or what fiber might be spun on it?
I'm afraid most of the blogs I read don't "do" memes ... sigh ... or have already been tapped for this one (sigh) so, if you'd like to play, please do! And let me point you at seven blogs I enjoy, instead:
Intrepid Fiber Wizard
Spinning Spider Jenny
Leigh's Fiber Journal
Until next time...