The Nice Matters Award
"This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award."
Wow! I am very glad to be reaching blog-folk with the things I have to say, and very impressed that Leigh felt it worthy of this. I got to pat myself on the back recently for a milestone at The Bellwether, too -- Spindling: The Basics has now sold 600 copies! WOOT!
For my "seven", I'd like to point you to the seven most recent entires in my SpinTips feed - the list has seven more, times ten! These are blog entries or websites that taught me something fiber-licious, inspired me, or made me smile!
- stoneleafmoon's Tutorial on spinning "dirt yarn" possibly the most thorough post I've seen on making an art yarn. I aspire to be so thorough on the blog!
- Connie Delaney's Anasazi spinning: a great small Navajo-style spindle, the Hohokum, on which cotton is spun, and the "real" Navajo plying. It's great that Ms. Delaney shares her spindling knowledge here!
- Fiber Fool's Color and Design thread -- yep, I joined her meme too!
- Twosheep on Production Spinning: how to oomph your spinning speed!
- Crafty Diversion's Homemade Yarn Swift ... I love DIY tools for spinning!
- Jacquie Grant's NZAK sock machine how-tos on YouTube ... this is terrific! makes me want another one :-) Jacquie runs sockknittingmachinefriends, and has always been quick to respond to emails and given me great advice!
- The making of modern Mali spindle whorls ... it's terrific that this website shares the process. Goes to show that this company really gets its product. Cool!