Skill needed: ability to spin a steady single and basic plying.
You need to bring: wheel, 2 empty bobbins, niddy-noddy, lazy kate, ball winder or nostepinne (if you have one), scissors, pencil/pen, notecards to save samples on; contact me if you need me to bring extras.
Also, bring yarns you want to dissect or copy, and fibers you want advice on.
Being taught next: February 25, 10:30-12:00 at A Dropped Stitch in Sequim.
- Understanding wraps per inch singles -> plied
- Your Wheel's Ratio and What It Means
- Crimp, WPI, TPI, twist angle, grist, ...
- Worsted and Woolen
- Spinning from the fold
- Repeatable yarn, consistent yarn
- Dissecting commercial yarn
- Correcting yarn
Funnily enough, this session is the one that interested my Creative Spinning students the most. Perhaps they simply like the sensation of their brains melting? We are all a bit glazed over by the end of this one!